Year 7 Catch Up Premium
Summary of Year 7 Catch Up Funding 2018-2019
Year 7 Catch up funds are allocated for pupils in Year 7 who did not achieve the expected attainment in Year 6. This applies to all the pupils in Year 7 in 2018-2019, as all our year 7 cohort have an EHCP for cognition and learning and are working below age related expectations.
In 2018-2019 there were 20 pupils in year 7, this consisted of 9 pupils who joined the school upon phase transfer from mainstream primary school.
Catch up funding is spent on interventions for pupils (small group or individual) or resources in order to aid pupils to accelerate progress in English and Maths or communication, this includes:
- Toe by toe – reading intervention to increase reading accuracy and fluency
- Additional support from HLTA assigned to KS3 to support small group and individual intervention
- Stareway to spelling intervention
- Write from the start / PEGS to Paper intervention – to support pupils fine motor skills and letter formation
- Purchase of switches or PECs resources for non-verbal pupils
- Resources to support a concrete, pictorial and abstract approach for teaching maths
In 2018-2019 the school was allocated £8,942
The impact is measurable by the progress that pupils make from their starting place at the beginning of year 7. The below graph indicates majority of pupils making at least 1-2 points progress during the year.
Plans for 2019-2020 Catch up Funding:
This year there are 19 pupils in year 7, who will receive interventions to support their progress in English and Maths including the above listed resources or interventions in addition to:
- Purchase of new reading scheme for reluctant and struggling readers
- Purchase of Sandwell standardised maths resources for base-lining and gap analysis
- Research and resources for different reading using approaches other than phonics
- Specialist support to provide interventions around sensory processing and regulating behaviour
- Interventions for pupils using specific technological devices