Free School Meals
Did you know …
Just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money?
Register now to make sure we don’t miss out.
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
For every child registered Churchill Park Academy gets between £935 & £1,300 this year, (depending on the age of your child).
Please register now to make sure your child and others in their class don’t miss out.
How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
- Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, contact school who will help you to register.
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more than £350 a year), and the school gets £600 extra.
- If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £600 extra.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for working Tax Credit
Come and talk to us if you’re not sure.
You can download a copy of the Free School Meals Application Form below: